Social Media Moderation Guidelines
RSABI – Social Media Moderation Guidelines
RSABI uses Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube to share information related to the charity and to engage with our networks.
The following moderation guidelines relate to our social media channels.
We moderate all messages and will remove those which break our moderation guidelines. Please keep these guidelines in mind when submitting comments and direct messages to our social media channels.
Inappropriate comments or content may include:
- Abusive or offensive messages that could constitute a personal attack on a person’s character, including other people using our social media channels, and our staff.
- Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or any other personal characteristic.
- Swearing, hate-speech or obscenity.
- Sharing personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details.
- High volumes of overly long messages which could constitute as spamming.
- Repetitive negative messages which aim to provoke a response or do not constructively add to the conversation.
- Comments that impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation.
- Comments which break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright.
- Are off-topic, that promote services or product
- Breach of any of the terms of any of the social media platforms themselves.
- Your comments are welcome at any time. We will moderate comments between 09:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. We intend to moderate comments submitted at other times as soon as possible on the next business day.
We reserve the right to remove comments, at our discretion, deemed inappropriate at any time.
If someone repeatedly breaches our moderation guidelines we reserve the right to block that user.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines. If you have a question about the guidelines please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Providing emotional, practical and financial support to individuals and their families across the agricultural sector including farming, crofting and growing.
The Rural Centre
West Mains of Ingliston
The helpline is available every day of the year from 7am to 11pm.