We're once again running our #KeepTalking campaign to encourage people in the agricultural community to stay connected. The campaign runs from 21 May to 20 June 2021.
Following the busyness of spring work there is traditionally a quieter period, which could see people at greater risk of feeling low or lonely. Although there is more light at the end of the tunnel restrictions are still in place which have led to the cancellation of most shows in 2021. And it’ll be some time before we can start socialising in the manner that we’re used to.
Having gone through over a year of restrictions, the #KeepTalking message is more important than ever.
We're delighted that Perthshire farmer and comedian is once again fronting the campaign. We also have auctioneers from across the country on board as ambassadors as well as support from a host of industry organisations.
Each week we'll be focussing on a different theme:
- Week one from 24 May: Stay connected – the importance of social connections and making the time to talk with others – give RSABI a call if you’re feeling lonely.
- Week two from 31 May: If you’re struggling reach out for help – RSABI is here to listen and support.
- Week three from 7 June: Look out for each other – if you’re worried about someone give them a ring, or call RSABI to see how you can help them.
- Week four from 14 June: Take part in #KeepTalking Week – give someone you haven’t spoken to for a while a call. Share We All Need A Farmer to let people in the agricultural community know they’re appreciated, and RSABI is here for them
- Stay connected - take some time to contact a friend, relative or neighbour - this could be a call, message, online chat or even a blether over the farm gate
- Look out for each other - if you're worried about someone give us a ring on 0300 111 4166 to see how you can help them
- Take part in #KeepTalking week from 14 June - making an extra effort to get in touch with someone you haven't spoken to for a while
- Share the #KeepTalking message on your social media channels
- Post quotes, videos or photos on why you think it's so important to talk, using hashtag #KeepTalking and tagging RSABI
- Add the #KeepTalking twibbon to your social media profiles
- Share 'We All Need a Farmer' film
Campaign partnersAs well as Jim Smith and our auctioneer ambassadors, the campaign is also being supported by key agricultural organisations including: Royal Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland, NFU Scotland, Quality Meat Scotland, Scottish Land and Estates, Scottish Association of Young Farmers’ Clubs, Scottish Enterprise Rural Leaders, Women in Agriculture Scotland, SSPCA, Institute of Auctioneers and Appraisers in Scotland, Scottish Tenant Farmers Association, Scottish Crofting Federation, SAOS, Scottish Pig Producers, Scottish Association of Meat Wholesalers, Lantra Scotland, Blackface Sheep Breeders’ Association, Rural Youth Project, Scottish Rural Network and the National Rural Mental Health Forum.
Providing emotional, practical and financial support to individuals and their families across the agricultural sector including farming, crofting and growing.
The Rural Centre
West Mains of Ingliston
The helpline is available every day of the year from 7am to 11pm.