- All complaints should be submitted in writing to the Chief Executive detailing the specific nature of the complaint and the actions required in response if the complaint is upheld.
- The Chief Executive will acknowledge the complaint in writing within two working days of the complaint being made and inform the complainant that it will be considered by the Chief Executive and Chair of RSABI’s Trustees as a stage one complaint with at least an initial response being made within 28 working days from the date of the Chief Executive’s letter.
- If a full response cannot be made within the initial 28 working days period because further investigations are necessary, the complainant will be informed of the date when a full response will be given.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the final response at stage one then the complainant can ask for the complaint to be escalated to stage two where it will be considered by the Board of Trustees or a subcommittee of the Board chaired by the Vice-Chairman.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the final response at stage two then the complainant can refer the matter to the OSCR or seek legal advice. The contact details for the OSCR are as follows:
Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR)
2nd Floor, Quadrant House
9 Riverside Drive
Tel: 01382 220 446
Providing emotional, practical and financial support to individuals and their families across the agricultural sector including farming, crofting and growing.
The Rural Centre
West Mains of Ingliston
The helpline is free to phone and open 24/7, 365 days a year.